Popular Posts

Thursday, October 20, 2011

experience of a father

Kindly share my voice with your blog

Dear Madam Shazia hasan, I found your blog a big support for me and my wife. Please do us know if you are working from another plateform. I am a father of 4 daughters. When my fourth daughter was born, at first I was very disturbed, naturally we all were praying for a son. But slowly we accept that anyway having daughters is not crime. My sister helped me and my wife to be thankful of having 4 princess in our family.
But when our youngest daughter was a few months old we realized that there is something wrong with her. So we took her for check up. Dr.diagnosed her with blindness. We shared her case with almost all opthomologists of Pakistan, but the response was same. There is no chance to restore her sight back.

Now my daughter is 7 years old. As me and my wife dreamed to provide good quality education to our all children, we were unable to fine any good school for blind children in Pakistan. Most schools for blind are for poor welfare, but according to my understanding having blindness is not mean that a child is poor. My 3 daughters are in city school and having good quality education. Saima my youngest daughter often spent time sitting alone with her dreams. We often tried to talk with her, but she never share her feelings with us. Being a father I want to make my all daughters independent, specially saima. I don’t want her to be dependent on her sisters. The main problem which we suffered was, we don’t knew that how to brought up a blind child. But when my wife found your blog and contacted you, we learned many things. Thanks for your support.
If anyone have any idea about any good school for blind please share with us, because I don’t want to give emotional abuse to my daughter, according to my view environment is equal important than education. I often visited the welfare schools for blind and found the environment very tence. perhaps i am wrong but i visited their montisorri sections and the attitute of teachers were very harsh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi to all shaziahasan.blogspot.comers this is my first post and thought i would say a big hello to yous -
speak soon
garry m